Zoom is a third-party cloud platform for video conferencing and can be used on desktop computers, tablets, and mobile devices.
System requirements and internet connection
Before you attend your experience, make sure your device meets the Zoom system requirements and test your internet connection by joining a test meeting.
To learn more about the system requirements for a desktop computer, read the System Requirements for PC, Mac, and Linux article in Zoom’s Help Center. To learn more about the system requirements for a mobile device, read the System Requirements for iOS, iPadOS, and Android article. To test your internet connection, join a test meeting.
Maintaining your privacy when using Zoom
Your privacy is important to us. Here are the steps we’ve taken to help protect your privacy during online experiences, along with tips for you to protect your privacy when using Zoom.
How we help to protect your privacy when you use Zoom:
- A random, password-protected meeting ID is created for each experience
- Experiences cannot be recorded
- Guest video is turned off upon entry into the Zoom meeting room
- Guests cannot share their screens during the experience
- Files cannot be transferred through Zoom
- The “waiting room” feature is on by default, allowing hosts to admit guests into the Zoom meeting room individually
Tips to help you protect your privacy:
- Don’t share the password-protected Zoom meeting link with anyone else
- Use the most up-to-date version of the Zoom app
- Be aware of your surroundings and what’s behind you when you are on camera—your host and other guests will be able to see it
- Mute yourself until you’re ready to speak
- Take care when using the group chat feature as all participants will be able to read what you post
Where to meet your host
You’ll receive a link to join the experience online in your confirmation email, and in the reminder email sent before the online experience begins. You can also find it in your reservation information found in the Trips page.
Log into Zoom at least 5 minutes early to make sure everything is working properly and that you are on time for the experience. It’s important to note that your host has the option to reject late guests, and that guests who arrive late are not eligible for a refund. Learn more in our Experiences Guest Refund Policy article.
Make sure you have the correct link for your online experience. If the link isn’t working, close Zoom and try the link again. If it’s still not working, message your host to confirm whether they’re having issues with Zoom.