WELCOME TO LAURALEE.COM
about Laura Lee
interviews / press kit
INTERVIEWS: Listen to Laura Lee & Paul, interviewed on these podcasts.
PRESS KIT: Book Laura Lee & Paul for your podcast or event. See press kit & interview questions & what others are saying.
Laura Lee & Paul Robear love to talk their work with Ecstatic Trance Postures. Ask them about:
- why mystical moments are available to all of us
- decoding select ancient artwork depicting postures as ‘ritual instructions’ and their use
- the ancient artifacts inspiring postures from the Paleolithic to the Neolithic and beyond, around the world
- the spirit journey, crossing the threshold between our everyday ordinary and the non-ordinary, alternate reality and the return
- the range of trance experiences, involving senses we know, and senses we didn’t know we had
- defining ecstatic, ecstatic trance, and the connection to the sages of the ages
- why the late anthropologist and founder Dr. Felicitas Goodman said we are all ‘ecstasy deprived’ in our culture, and how we lost this knowledge through the vagaries of history
- why this work, though ancient, is still relevant, offering to us time crunched moderns a dial-up-on demand experience, with profound and meaningful results, taking little time
- how and why the body-mind-soul responds to the cues in the ritual, with a natural and easy physiological shift supporting the trance state
- why no outside agents, plant medicine, etc are need for this, as its built into our DNA only requiring activation with the ritual
- the psycho-acoustics of “sonic driving” and the long history of drums and rattles
- lab tests from the Universities of Munich & Vienna revealed brainwaves of beta theta, a surge of the biochemicals of well-being with beta-endorphins, and more
- why one neurologist calls this “the hybrid state of a waking dream”
- how this work is portable, going from lab to conference room to modern art exhibit and now, to zoom with attendees spread across the globe
- how direct experiences of this non-ordinary reality fulfills Einstein’s ‘spooky effect at a distance’ in action, and the implications
- what Joseph Campbell did for the the world’s mythologies, Dr. Goodman did for the world’s rituals and opening up access to ecstatic trance
- how this work follows Campbell’s “heroes journey” sequence experientially
- finding traces of a long history of spirit journeys in folklore, myth, ancient art, cave walls and wisdom traditions worldwide
- why there is no belief system, no dogma here
- what has kept us intrigued and inspired all this time
- the call to adventure we answered to take up this work
- the mission of the Cuyamungue Institute, our past, current and future research, where we’d like to see this work go.
free ongoing live events
SATURDAYS & SUNDAYS ON ZOOM
SATURDAYS: ECSTATIC TRANCE POSTURES with two-hour open sessions anyone can join. Hosted by Laura Lee & Paul, and includes a brief introductory lecture before diving right in!
SUNDAYS: CONVERSATION4EXPLORATION hosted by Laura Lee & Paul with our own presentations and interviewing guests from a wide range of multi-disciplinary fields to broaden the ongoing research into Ecstatic Trance Postures and to ask the underlying big questions of life — who are we, where did we come from, and where are we going — to better enjoy the journey with like minds!